Friday, August 19, 2011

Keys to the Kingdom

Embarrassing. I should be the ideal reader for Senator Bob Graham’s debut novel, Keys to the Kingdom. I am entertained by spy thrillers and I have a strong interest in politics. While I read this novel from beginning to end, I winced often from the bad writing in the form of stilted dialog and erratic plot fits and starts that felt like being a passenger in a car with standard transmission driven by a novice driver. Protagonist Tony Ramos came across as one dimensional and unreal. My expectations for the novel were high given the author’s experience on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. An editor or a ghostwriter could have made a big difference. It seems no one told the Senator and former Florida governor that he’s not a writer.

Rating: One-star (Read only if your interest is strong)
Click here to purchase Keys to the Kingdom from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment