Monday, November 26, 2012

The Marseille Caper

Deceptions. I zipped through Peter Mayle’s The Marseille Caper in a single evening. The plot is fast-paced, the characters are developed well enough, and the descriptions of place are just right. Because Mayle reprised characters from another novel I read, The Vintage Caper, I felt like I picked up the new novel where the old one left off. The latest novel can stand well on its own if a reader prefers to start here. I don’t know if Mayle will continue with these characters in future novels, but if he does, I’m likely to read them. Any reader who likes crime fiction that comes packed with a range of deceptions will enjoy this one. I also found that the glass of wine I sipped during the second half of the novel helped cheer me to a satisfying end. Rating: Three-star (Recommended) Click here to purchase The Marseille Caper from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment