Friday, November 23, 2012

Who I Am: A Memoir

Creativity. When I opened Pete Townshend’s memoir, Who I Am, I expected to read a revealing story about a talented and troubled artist. I found that and more on the pages of this finely written book. I was surprised at the high quality of Townshend’s writing. He tells his story with precision and care, and any reader who enjoys this genre will come away from this book very satisfied. Whether you like music, creativity or human nature, there’s something beneficial for you on these pages. Unlike the tell-all sensationalism in some celebrity memoirs, I felt that Townshend was trying to reveal with candor and insight how he has become who he is. That’s exactly the value that can be derived from reading a finely written memoir like this one. Rating: Four-star (Highly Recommended) Click here to purchase Who I Am from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment