Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nano

Reprise. I set myself up with low expectations for novels by Robin Cook. I usually pick one up after I’ve finished reading a more challenging book. I often find them as annoying as they are entertaining. I finished reading the latest, Nano, and felt less annoyed than usual and pleasantly entertained. Cook reprises a troubled protagonist, Pia Grazdani, from his earlier novel, Death Benefit, and changes the setting from her being a med student in New York, to her working at a nanotechnology company in the Rockies. The plot moves swiftly, characters develop narrowly, dialogue seems off, the technology is interesting, and I finished the book not long after I started it. Readers with the patience to move beyond some flaws are those who are most likely to be entertained by this novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Nano from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment