Friday, October 25, 2013

Shine Shine Shine

Spectrum. What I like most about Lydia Netzer’s debut novel, Shine Shine Shine, is the complexity and fullness of her characters. Netzer introduces us to individuals who are at once very much the same as we are, and also very different. The plot required me to suspend my disbelief to a very great extent, and I’m glad I stayed with this novel to the end. Central characters Sunny and Maxon are deeply in love and are drawn into a forced separation as Maxon is in a rocket on the way to the moon. His place on the autism spectrum added even more to the complexity of his character. While Sunny struggles with so many issues common to women in her situation, she is presented as unique and complex. Readers willing to explore a debut novel, especially those who like a good story with complex characters, are those most likely to enjoy reading this novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Shine Shine Shine from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment