Monday, November 18, 2013

Blowback

Mellow. I love spy thrillers for two main elements: an interesting, complex protagonist and a fast-paced plot. Former CIA spy Valerie Plame teamed up with thriller writer Sarah Lovett and produced a novel titled, Blowback. My expectation was that given Plame’s CIA experience, the protagonist, Vanessa Pierson, would be something of an alter-ego to Plame, and she would bring us inside what life as a CIA spy is like. If that’s what ended up in the novel, my conclusion is that there’s a lot of boredom and infighting in the intelligence world. I found the plot mellow and the main character interesting, but not complex. I finished the novel and came away with no enthusiasm for reading a sequel. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase Blowback from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment