Friday, December 27, 2013

Critical Mass

Injustice. One of the reading pleasures that I get when I open the latest novel in a series I’ve read for years is that sense of familiarity, as if I’ve been reunited with old friends. The latest V.I. Warshawski novel by Sara Paretsky is titled, Critical Mass, and in this outing, Paretsky leads Vic and readers back and forth between modern and past Chicago into World War II and current Vienna, the development of atomic weapons in Vienna and Chicago, and the secrets of a family that built a business from a creative scientific breakthrough. Fans will enjoy as I did, the broad cast of familiar characters, as well as some interesting new ones. The plot is complex enough to satisfy mystery readers, and engaging enough to retain interest for the complete novel of just under 500 pages. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Critical Mass from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment