Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence

Rehash. Buried inside the 320 pages of Daniel Goleman’s book, Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence, there’s a great twenty page essay that would present the subject with clarity and focus. Instead, Goleman meanders through many chapters that came across to me as a rehash of what I’ve read before from him or other authors. While I enjoyed reading Emotional Intelligence as well as Primal Leadership many years ago, I found this book shallow and boring. I started rolling my eyes when he described the marshmallow study in detail. Readers who are unfamiliar with the subject may find this book more interesting than I did. Rating: Two-star (I didn’t like it) Click here to purchase Focus from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment