Thursday, February 20, 2014

Actors Anonymous

Creative. I picked up James Franco’s debut novel, Actors Anonymous, out of curiosity. I wanted to see how good a novel this talented actor, director, screenwriter and artist could write. I found the novel to be creative and interesting. Franco uses multiple voices, came up with a structure from Alcoholics Anonymous and, and kept me interested to the end. The confessional nature of most of the book forced me as a reader to listen to more vulgarity and wrongdoing than I felt was necessary for the novel. I was bored by a lot of the novel, but still impressed by the creativity expressed. Those readers willing to cut some slack for a debut novel by an actor are those most likely to enjoy this book. Rating: Two-star (I didn’t like it) Click here to purchase Actors Anonymous from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment