Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lovers at the Chameleon Club

Voices. Paris provides a great backdrop for a novel set during any time period, and the 1930s gave Francine Prose plenty of atmosphere for her novel titled, Lovers at the Chameleon Club. Readers who enjoy literary fiction will find the writing here to bring delight, although I found it challenging to stay alert as Prose shifts narrators often and uses multiple perspectives to present this story. As most readers would expect, the truth lies somewhere among these different views. The variety in the novel will find things many readers will love or hate: cross-dressing, athletics, Olympics, Nazi espionage, photography, nightlife. I found it slow to get into the novel, but once I became accustomed to the structure, I zipped to the end, enjoying the fine writing and engaging story. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Lovers at the Chameleon Club from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment