Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dead Heading

Lime. During a recent hot afternoon when it was too uncomfortable to sit in the garden, I retreated to the cool indoors and spent a pleasant few hours reading Catherine Aird’s latest Sloan and Crosby mystery novel titled, Dead Heading. Before I knew it, I was drawn into the overlapping cases of a greenhouse break-in that destroyed expensive orchids and the case of a missing person. Once Aird referred to lime, I suspected foul play, and was rewarded when the plot turned out exactly as I expected. For the last fifty pages or so, the gin and tonic by my side was the perfect accompaniment, especially with the visible slice of lime in the glass. Any reader who likes witty and entertaining crime fiction should consider reading this novel and this series. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Dead Heading from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment