Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Buried Giant

Mist. I had to catch myself while reading Kazuo Ishiguro’s novel, The Buried Giant. I would keep pausing to ask myself what he was getting at, and what was really going on. Once I surrendered myself to his prose, I found I enjoyed this novel immensely. After finishing it, I am asking myself many reflective questions. Where have we really come from? Have we forgotten what made us who we are? Has a mist clouded over our eyes so that we don’t see our world as it really is? Along with these characters, what is the nature of our journey? Can we count on memory? If reading a finely written literary novel that leads you to these questions and others sounds like something you’d like, by all means surrender yourself to this novel. I’m glad I did. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase The Buried Giant from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment