Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Double Fudge Brownie Murder

Suitors. I consume Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swensen novels by listening to them while I am doing something else. The playback speed is always 2x, so they move at a quick pace. I remain undecided whether these novels are camp or just corny. Is this a satire of small town Minnesota life, or is this a realistic presentation of a culture that remains foreign to me? I listened to the latest one, Double Fudge Brownie Murder, and was mildly entertained by all the elements of a predictable formula. There’s murder, baking, a familiar cast of characters, recipes and crime solving. This time out Hannah seems to have more suitors than cookies and I found that hilarious. Readers who like the familiarity of a series and who enjoy humorous G-rated content are those most likely to enjoy this novel and this series. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase Double Fudge Brownie Murder from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment