Friday, July 24, 2015

A God in Ruins

Teddy. Two years ago, I loved reading Kate Atkinson’s novel Life After Life in which protagonist Ursula Todd died in every chapter. Atkinson now presents a novel titled, A God in Ruins, with Ursula’s brother, Teddy, as protagonist. Teddy was an RAF bomber in World War II, and Atkinson’s prose about war is among the best I’ve read. War confounds reason as we destroy much of what we are trying to save and defend. She takes apart Teddy and members of his family to examine him from many time periods and perspectives, in every setting drawing a complete picture of ordinary life. I highly recommend this finely written novel that is one of the best I’ve read this year. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase A God in Ruins from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment