Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Amnesia

Protagonist. I don’t think Peter Carey wrote his novel titled, Amnesia, for a vast audience. Most general readers are likely to lose patience at being confused, and only Australian readers will get his many local references. I liked the novel because I was enthralled by protagonist Felix Moore, and by his determination. I liked Carey’s riff on our intentional forgetfulness so that our lives can move on. The political shenanigans come across as universal to any location. The topic of malware brings an immediacy to contemporary experience. The prose illustrates Carey’s great writing skill, and fans of literary fiction will appreciate his talent as it is displayed in this novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Amnesia from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment