Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I Take You

Marriage. Eliza Kennedy’s debut novel, I Take You, is not the book to give your mother for her birthday. Unless, of course, your mother is slutty and unfaithful, and likes novels packed with immoral behavior. I, though, am not your mother, and I found this novel to be hilarious. Protagonist Lily Wilder, a lawyer, is marrying Will, an archaeologist. The action begins six days before the wedding, and Lily can’t stop sleeping with men other than Will. The action kicks up a notch when her multiple step-mothers arrive on the scene, and Lily has to take a deposition in an important case. By the time Lily’s grandmother arrives, I couldn’t stop laughing. There are about a dozen candidates for president who would condemn this book, so if that’s not recommendation enough for you, take my advice: give this debut novelist a chance and ready this funny and subversive novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase I Take You from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment