Friday, December 18, 2015

X

Loyalty. Loyal readers who have come this close to the end of the alphabetic detective novels by Sue Grafton will read to the end no matter what. Private detective Kinsey Millhone returns in the 24th installment of the series a novel titled, X. Unlike the earlier novels, for which the letter was “for” something, the current title is just a letter. There’s a serial killer in this novel, and Kinsey could be the next victim. This novel may have an extra hundred pages or so than what was necessary to solve the case, but like a long goodbye, I didn’t mind the extra pages, as I will miss Kinsey when Grafton wraps up the series. Had this been the first novel, I might have never read another. Having come this far, I found myself entertained, and willing to cut Grafton plenty of slack. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase X from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment