Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Theft of Memory: Losing My Father, One Day at a Time

Grief. I was familiar with Jonathan Kozol from reading his books about poor children and education many years ago. From the title of his new book, The Theft of Memory, I expected a personal story about dementia and its toll on patients and caregivers. Instead, I found a finely written tribute by a loving son to his father, marked by feelings of loss and grief. Dr. Harry Kozol had a long career as a renowned neuropsychiatrist. Thanks to the fine writing of his son, Jonathan, readers can learn about his life and death. It no spoiler to say that Harry’s life from ages 88 to 102 involved decline. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Theft of Memory from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment