Monday, March 7, 2016

Midnight Sun

Hideaway. I was delightfully surprised by Jo Nesbo’s novel titled, Midnight Sun. I expected a crime novel with a high gristle component, and was curious to find a love story and reflection about the problem of God. A good hearted criminal named both Jon and Ulf stole money from his crime boss in Oslo for a good purpose that didn’t work out. Jon fled to rural upper Norway where he finds a hideaway in a small village steeped in Sami culture and in the Laestadian religion. The pursuit to recover the crime boss’s money is expected, but the resolution was both surprising and pleasurable. Nesbo’s range increased quite a lot for me as I finished this novel, and I am looking forward to seeing an even wider range in his next works. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Midnight Sun from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment