Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Son

Intensity. I tend to defer my reading of Scandinavian crime fiction until winter. The atmosphere from the page to the mind seems best traveled on a cold cloudy day. Over the course of a few winter days, I had the pleasure of reading Jo Nesbo’s novel, The Son. The title refers to the protagonist, Sonny Lofthus, one of the most complex and interesting characters Nesbo has created. I found pleasure in reading these 400 intense pages in which Sonny leaves prison and dope addiction behind as he uses all his skills to avenge what happened to his deceased father. Crime fiction fans will find great plot, interesting characters, and even a love story. You may even enjoy reading it in Spring. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Son from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment