Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Death in Brittany

Inheritance. I always hesitate before opening the first novel in what is likely to be a series. Do I really want to add another author whose next installment I will look forward to while my reading queue grows beyond reason? In the case of Jean-Luc Bannelec’s Commissaire Dupin series, I didn’t hesitate long. The debut novel, titled, Death in Brittany, features police inspector Georges Dupin, who has moved from Paris to the Breton coast of France. Bannalec describes Brittany with a loving eye, develops Dupin and other characters well, and offers a mystery plot that is satisfying. This is a story about inheritance, and the strange ways in which family relationships seem to go awry. Dupin has the advantages and disadvantages of being an outsider, and the pace with which he solves the case seemed just right to me. Fans of crime fiction should take a look at this novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Death in Brittany from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment