Friday, February 9, 2018

The Pope of Palm Beach

Slapstick. When will I ever learn? Just as my book queue swells to unreadable proportions, I open up a new novel from a series that was unfamiliar to me. The 21st Serge A. Storms novel by Tim Dorsey is titled, The Pope of Palm Beach. I read it in a few delightful hours, and now I'm likely to add another series to my regular reading list. Dorsey has created an endearing and manic character in Serge, and his constant motion in this novel provided me with comedic entertainment, albeit of the slapstick kind. Two plot lines converge at the point of Serge in this book, and links between the past and present are offered to fill out the story. Any reader looking for a laugh or two will find plenty here, and those who find Florida a source of amusement will delight in all the local color that Dorsey provides. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Pope of Palm Beach from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment