Monday, December 17, 2018

American Sonnets for My Past and Future Assassin

Virtuoso. Every time I finish reading a collection of poems, I think that I should read more poetry. There are seventy poems in a collection by Terrance Hayes titled, American Sonnets for My Past and Future Assassin. All the poems have the same title. They were written during the early months of the Trump administration. There’s a wide range in this collection of sonnets: no two poems seemed connected. Surprises are on every page: high energy, creative wordplay, emotional depth. The structure is finely built, within each sonnet and in the organization of the collection. Fans of fine writing are those readers most likely to enjoy this well-written and creative collection. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase American Sonnets from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment