Monday, December 17, 2018

Jeeves and the King of Clubs

Delightful. Ben Schott has written a worthy tribute to P.G. Wodehouse by reprising Jeeves and Bertie Wooster in a new novel titled, Jeeves and the King of Clubs. I realized how delighted I was by this novel when I often forgot that it was Schott not Wodehouse who wrote it. Every aspect of character, plot and language seemed true to Wodehouse, and I totally enjoyed a worthy installment to the Jeeves canon. The diversions are as enjoyable as the direct plotline, consistent with the Wodehouse novels. Fans of Jeeves and Wooster as well as Wodehouse are those readers who are most likely to enjoy this homage, and who are most likely to take Schott to task in some areas. I was delighted. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Jeeves and the King of Clubs from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment