Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The River

Wilderness. I consider cities and sidewalks to be my natural habitat and try to spend as little time as possible any place that might be considered wilderness. I can visit remote places vicariously in novels like the one by Peter Heller titled, The River. Friends since college, Wynn and Jack are on a carefree canoe trip on a river in northern Canada. Both feel at home in the wilderness and have the competence to handle whatever comes their way. Heller injects tension early in this well-told story and maintains a thrilling pace over two hundred and fifty pages as he describes a fight for survival against imminent threats to life. I’m less likely than ever to take a wilderness trip after reading this exciting novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The River from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment