Monday, October 25, 2021

A Confederacy of Dumptys: Portraits of American Scoundrels in Verse

Rogues. John Lithgow completes his trilogy of satire in verse featuring Donald Trump with a book titled, A Confederacy of Dumptys: Portraits of American Scoundrels in Verse. In addition to the final chaotic days of the Trump presidency, Lithgow presents a rogue’s gallery of other men and women from American history to illustrate where Trump fits into our tradition. When I finished this final offering, I was reminded again of how FDR put artists to work during the depression. That kept creative types like Lithgow too busy to roast the president. While I knew most of the rogues in this collection, I got to meet some for the first time. Readers who have an appetite for satire are those most likely to enjoy this book. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase A Confederacy of Dumptys from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment