Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bad Intentions

Control. Bad Intentions is the first Karen Fossum novel that I’ve read. Translated from the Norwegian, this is a crime novel about control and remorse. Part of a series featuring Inspector Konrad Sejer, this is a psychological novel, tightly focused and slowly paced as the characters develop and Sejer performs his investigation diligently. Reading a novel in translation is always different from the original, and we rely on the skill of translators to make it work. I found that the characters were well developed in this short novel, and the pacing seemed just right to me. I found Sejer to be an especially interesting character, and I expect to read other Fossum novels in the future.

Rating: Three-star (Recommended)
Click here to purchase Bad Intentions from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment