Saturday, October 8, 2011

No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller

Persistence. Six or seven times over the past eighteen months, I picked up and put down Harry Markopolos’ book about Bernie Madoff, No One Would Listen. I’d get interested quickly, then get bored quickly. I found his communication skills to be weak, and I began to understand at least one reason why the SEC didn’t follow up: he seemed like a crank. As everyone knows, he was right, and the whistle he tried to blow wasn’t heeded. My persistence, and his, endured to a resolution. I’m glad I read his account of what happened. I just wish he had made it more engaging. Readers with more patience than me are likely to enjoy this book, and anyone interested in finance and the Madoff scheme will find something of interest in this book.

Rating: Three-star (Recommended)
Click here to purchase No One Would Listen from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment