Friday, May 10, 2013

My Escapee

Wondering. There are ten short stories in the collection from Corinna Vallianatos, titled after one of them, My Escapee. If there is a single thread that links these stories, it may be that in each one, the central character is wondering about something important. There is action taking place in the mind. I admire the discipline it takes to craft short fiction. Each sentence can be packed with depth and insight. Vallianatos displays an understanding of human nature in these stories, and uses fine language to unveil these lives with efficiency. Readers who like finely written short prose are those most likely to enjoy the stories in this collection. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase My Escapee from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment