Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Hopkins Touch: Harry Hopkins and the Forging of the Alliance to Defeat Hitler

Middleman. Since I share a surname with Harry Hopkins, I’ve noted his accomplishments for decades, often referring to him fondly as “Cousin Harry,” while we are unrelated. When I saw David Roll’s book, The Hopkins Touch: Harry Hopkins and the Forging of the Alliance to Defeat Hitler, I knew I had to read it. Roll presents the many ways in which Hopkins served Franklin Delano Roosevelt and the United States, especially during World War II. Hopkins’ role as confidant to FDR and middleman to Churchill, Stalin and others, was critical to the success of the allies in fighting the war. Roll ascribes Hopkins’ success to his affable personal style and deep understanding of the individuals with whom he interacted, what Roll calls “The Hopkins Touch.” Readers who enjoy history will find this book fascinating and informative, especially those who want to know more about the mid-twentieth century and World War II. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Hopkins Touch from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment