Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bunker Hill: A City, a Seige, a Revolution

Warren. I love to read history written by contemporary authors. I find that they are often entertaining to a general reader like me, and I always learn something new. The four hundred pages of Nathaniel Philbrick’s book, Bunker Hill: A City, a Siege, a Revolution, present a lively, comprehensive and entertaining account of this critical battle. I went into the book with plenty of knowledge about the battle and the leadership of John Adams and John Hancock during this time period. I learned (or re-learned) the important role of Doctor Joseph Warren from Philbrick’s account, and came to appreciate the loss that his death in that battle meant for Boston. Any reader who enjoys a well-written history will find something to like in this book. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Bunker Hill from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment