Friday, July 26, 2013

You Were Never in Chicago

Affection. The affection and love that Chicago Sun Times columnist Neil Steinberg has for his adopted city spark from every page of his book, You Were Never in Chicago. With Steinberg as an enthusiastic guide, readers travel around both familiar and unfamiliar parts of Chicago. Steinberg’s fine writing and his clarity in description of people and places make the city come to life for those who live here, those who have never been, and those who have experienced a small slice of this interesting place. Having lived on the edge of the city for a similar three decades as Steinberg, I enjoyed the many ways in which he celebrated places I love, and introduced me to people and places I’ve never been. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase You Were Never in Chicago from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment