Monday, April 7, 2014

Blackberry Pie Murder

Comfort. After a lot of installments in a fiction series, I find that I either keep reading and overlook ongoing faults, or stop reading the series because I anticipate that nothing new will happen. Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swensen series is one that I am willing to keep reading. In the latest installment, Blackberry Pie Murder, all the familiar characters are back, and glacial progress is made in their slow-moving relationships. All the familiar plot elements return: Hannah discovers a dead body, cookies and other sweets are made, and recipes are presented for readers to try out at home. I read this series as a brief diversion, especially when I’m looking for something to satisfy my sweet tooth, both in eating and in reading. I’m comfortable with approaching these novels with low expectations from a reading perspective, and high expectations for good cookies. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Blackberry Pie Murder from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment