Monday, September 15, 2014

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage

Self. I finished reading Haruki Murakami’s novel, Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, so soon after I started it, that it was as if I had dreamed it. If Murakami’s prose is this mesmerizing in translation, I wonder what it’s like in Japanese. This novel is an exploration of self, drawn both from the inner life of protagonist Tsukuru Tazaki, and from the pilgrimage he makes from a condition of loneliness to reconnect with a circle of friends from his youth. Through the lens of Tsukuru’s ordinary life, and from his dreams, we can come to understand something new about ourselves, and about our common human condition. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment