Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Girl in the Spider's Web

Survived. I was prepared to dislike David Lagercrantz’ novel titled, The Girl in the Spider’s Web. After all, Lisbeth Salander is Stieg Larsson’s creation, and could another author be both true to this unique character and allow her to develop in new ways? The answer, for me, is a resounding yes. Salander soars in this novel, both consistent to who we have known her to be, and in many ways fresh as we learn new things about her. Mikael Blomkvist is also back, and deep in the thick of things. While some readers of Larsson’s Millennium series would have preferred to leave the trilogy alone, I was entertained by spending a few more hours with Salander, and am pleased that the series has been placed in competent hands. I may even want to read another. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Girl in the Spider’s Web from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment