Friday, February 17, 2012

Death Benefit

Organs. It’s been a long time since I finished reading a Robin Cook medical thriller without being annoyed. Perhaps I’ve set the bar too low, but I felt pretty good when I finished Death Benefit and concluded that Cook entertained me. The protagonist, Pia Grazdani is a beautiful and smart medical student who is still damaged from a troubled childhood. Her mentor’s research lab has made a breakthrough in stem cells that shows promise in providing patients with replacement organs. Not everybody is pleased, and the behavior of hedge fund villains and the Albanian mob spice up the plot. Recurring characters Laurie Montgomery and Jack Stapleton make their appearance very late in this novel, and that seemed just right. Readers who like medical thrillers and can overlook some clunky writing are those most likely to enjoy this book.

Rating: Three-star (Recommended)
Click here to purchase Death Benefit from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment