Monday, March 25, 2013

Angelmaker

Surreal. Readers with patience for the surreal and a taste for absurdist fiction are those most likely to enjoy reading the 500 pages of Nick Harkaway’s novel, Angelmaker. I found great pleasure in Harkaway’s fine use of language in this novel, and I found myself amused often by his choice of just the perfect word or phrase. There’s a great cast of machines and villains, heroes and genuine eccentrics. I found myself surrendering to Harkaway, and letting him lead me along wherever he chose to go. By the end, I was satisfied with my journey into Harkaway’s creation. Read a sample before plunging in. Chances are if you like a selection, you’ll enjoy the whole piece, and vice versa. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Angelmaker from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment