Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds

Uplifting. Whenever I want to read a short novel that is likely to make me feel good about humanity, I turn to Alexander McCall Smith, especially the series featuring the kind and wise Scottish philosopher, Isabel Dalhousie. In the ninth novel of this series, The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds, Isabel turns away from the pressing needs of editing the next issue of The Review of Applied Ethics, to help recover a stolen painting that has been promised to the National Gallery. All the familiar characters are back, and fans will enjoy, as I did, the time spent with Isabel as she thinks things through and navigates a complicated path to solving the case. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment