Monday, April 7, 2014

Cockroaches

Sober. I’ve been surprised by the effect of my reading the Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo out of sequence. I know and enjoy this character well from Nesbo’s recent novels and now that earlier novels are being released in English translations, I’m finding even more pleasure in exploring the world with a younger Harry Hole. In Cockroaches, Harry is sent to Thailand to assist in solving a case involving the Norwegian ambassador. True to form, Harry drinks to excess on the flight from Norway. In a surprise move, he remains sober while investigating the case, and is constantly tempted by drink and drugs. If Bangkok didn’t already exist, Nesbo would have had to make it up, since Harry is made for a seedy place just like it. Readers who like this series and crime fiction overall are those most likely to enjoy this novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Cockroaches from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment