Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Mr. Trump's Wild Ride: The Thrills, Chills, Screams, and Occasional Blackouts of an Extraordinary Presidency

Curated. I really didn’t want to read journalist Major Garrett’s book titled, Mr. Trump’s Wild Ride: The Thrills, Chills, Screams, and Occasional Blackouts of an Extraordinary Presidency. First, I lived through the early Trump Presidency and I have paid attention, so why do I need someone’s rehash? Second, I read enough in newspapers and periodicals about Trump, so why should I bother reading this book? Third, we may need distance, more time, to process what has been important or a distraction during this period. Once I started reading this book, I began to appreciate the benefit in reading a curated first draft of how history may consider the early part of the Trump Presidency. Garrett skillfully sidesteps the distractions and selects what he considers the matters of most significance. History may prove Garrett right or wrong in his take, but this reader liked getting perspective from a talented journalist who’s been in the scrum all the way through. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Mr. Trump’s Wild Ride from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment