Friday, February 21, 2020

Joy: And 52 Other Very Short Stories

Insight. Erin McGraw knows people in all our rich humanity, and she knows how to put together a phrase. In her collection titled, Joy and 52 Other Very Short Stories, McGraw treats us to her insight about people and draws out laughter regularly. Treat this collection as you would a prized box of Belgian chocolates or a rare single malt Scotch. Dole out the stories in small doses, so the pleasure lasts longer. She does more in a page or two than some writers can accomplishes in multiple volumes. In the pause between stories, I found my imagination running away using McGraw’s words as a starting block, and the open track ahead for me to use the insight I gained to wonder about us and our world. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Joy from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment