Thursday, April 9, 2020

Coconut Layer Cake Murder

Predictable. The twenty fifth novel by Joanne Fluke to feature baker and amateur detective Hannah Swensen is titled, Coconut Layer Cake Murder. The formula provides comfort to those readers who enjoy a straightforward plot that involves a crime, and the ways in which Hannah is placed in personal jeopardy as she identifies the perpetrator. Part of the formula includes baking and recipes at the end of each chapter. My record remains intact: I have not yet copied or made a single recipe. Even my sweet tooth can’t indulge the way the characters in Lake Eden Minnesota pack down the cookies and cakes. Fans of the series will love the reprise of a large cast of beloved characters, and Hannah’s trip to California provides a change of pace early in this installment. I think I’ll go eat an apple. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase Coconut Layer Cake Murder from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment