Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Killing Tide

Discovery. The fifth Commissaire Dupin novel by Jean-Luc Bannalac is titled, The Killing Tide. I thought a good mystery would be ideal covid-19 reading, but instead I found myself bogged down with Dupin in a difficult case on an island where he did not want to be (either). Every now and then I could smell the sea air and salivate when the narrative turned to Brittany food. Murders are complicated in this installment, as is the possible discovery of an object of great value. Dupin and his team try to stay a step ahead and are thwarted at every turn. Fans of crime fiction and this series are those readers most likely to enjoy this novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Killing Tide from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment