Monday, December 6, 2021

Winter Recipes from the Collective

Mortality. Ever since she won the 2020 Nobel Prize in Literature, I’ve been meaning to read Louise Glück’s poetry. I finally took the time to do that in the form of her new collection titled, Winter Recipes from the Collective. This collection did exactly what I want poetry to do for me. I slowed down and listened. The images launched me toward deeper thoughts about important stuff. Throughout this collection, I was drawn into the fragility and vulnerability of life, our certain mortality, and the uncertainty we feel about the changes we know we will face. If you’re ready for some intensity and seriousness, consider reading these finely crafted poems. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Winter Recipes from the Collective from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment