Friday, October 25, 2013

The Striker

Union. I had a new Clive Cussler experience while reading his latest Isaac Bell novel titled, The Striker. I found myself thinking that the pace was too slow. I’ve read enough Cussler novels to anticipate a very quick-moving plot, and in this novel, I realized the pace was pretty tepid. The young Bell, early in his detective career with the Van Dorn agency, faces a situation in which it appears that union activists have sabotaged a coal mining site. Things are not as they appear, and needless to say, young Bell gets to the bottom of things. Fans of the series are those readers most likely to enjoy this novel, especially the way in which it fills in the character with more backstory than had been previously revealed. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase The Striker from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment