Monday, November 18, 2013

Sister Mother Husband Dog: Etc.

Tasty. I noticed that after I read a dozen pages of Delia Ephron’s Sister Mother Husband Dog: Etc., I got up to pour myself a drink and prepare a hearty snack. Then, I settled down for ninety minutes of enjoyable reading. The next day, I prepared the snack and drink first, and sat in a comfortable chair to finish reading the book. My reflection is that I found her writing to be both tasty and enjoyable, and led me toward nourishment. Her writing is witty as she calls attention to so many of the absurdities of life. The memories she selects of life with her late sister, Nora, were moving and were a pleasure to read. Readers looking for some good laughs and some wise writing about love are those most likely to enjoy this book. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Sister Mother Husband Dog from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment