Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Patriarch: The Remarkable Life and Turbulent Times of Joseph P. Kennedy

Ambition. It took me almost a year to read the 800 or so pages of David Nasaw’s fine biography of Joe Kennedy titled, The Patriarch: The Remarkable Life and Turbulent Times of Joseph P. Kennedy. I spread out the reading not because this was slow reading, but because I found that the raw ambition and imperious personality of Kennedy was best served in small doses. Nasaw captures the politics, business, family and character with a wide scope and a presentation of episodes and anecdotes that kept my attention throughout. Any reader interested in this era, this person, and this family, will likely enjoy all the time spent in reading this well-written biography. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Patriarch from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment