Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Void Star

Language. I don’t read much science fiction because more often than not, I find the prose unbearable. Once I started reading Zachary Mason’s novel titled, Void Star, I became enchanted by the prose, the story and the characters. Mason has called this book literary fiction, and I agree. Access to memories and the exchange of memories are key elements in the novel and provide a way for connections with humans and machines. Protagonist Irina performs a key role in making those connections effective. There’s a search for immortality underway by her boss, James Cromwell. Rich are poor are dramatically divided in this society, set about one hundred years in the future. Kern is a character less connected to technology and as complex and interesting as all the others. I was entertained more than I expected by this well-written novel and recommend it to both those readers who enjoy literary fiction and those who like science fiction. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Void Star from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment