Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dick Francis's Bloodline

Plodding. My patience was exhausted by the time I finished Felix Francis’ latest book titled, Dick Francis’s Bloodline. I wanted to shout: “get on with it!” A good mystery rewards readers with the satisfaction that comes from connecting clues and using at least a few brain cells in the process. Francis plods along a very slow pace in this novel and I found myself not caring a wit about solving the mystery, or what happened to any of the characters. I’ve read books from the Francis franchise for mild entertainment, but this latest novel left me even less entertained than usual. Readers who are keen on low levels of excitement and predictable mysteries are those most likely to enjoy this book. Rating: Two-star (Mildly Recommended) Click here to purchase Bloodline from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment