Friday, March 7, 2014

How About Never--Is Never Good for You?: My Life in Cartoons

Bulls-eye. I am at the center of the bulls-eye in the target audience for Bob Mankoff’s memoir, How About Never--Is Never Good for You?: My Life in Cartoons. As soon as the latest issue of The New Yorker arrives on my iPad, I hit the link that lets me read the cartoons first. After that immediate gratification, I move on to the rest of the issue. After I’ve finished reading what I want, I remain on the page for the Cartoon Caption Context. I also subscribe to Bob’s weekly Laughter Lovers email newsletter. When a galley copy of this book landed on my desk, I dropped everything else to read this mix of text and cartoons. I was delighted from beginning to end. Chances are that if you enjoy the cartoons in The New Yorker, you’ll like this view on how the sausage gets made from the perspective of Mankoff, both a talented cartoonist whose recognizable work appears often, and the magazine’s current cartoon editor. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase How About Never from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment